The Plant Reliability & Maintenance Manager is responsible for the technical leadership of the maintenance function including all production and non-production related equipment and systems as well as the facility. The incumbent will oversee the day-to-day maintenance operations including developing and implementing preventative and predictive maintenance programs, leading projects and managing the maintenance staff.
- Provides leadership and clear direction in establishing and refining preventive maintenance programs, employee training programs, manpower scheduling techniques, Inventory parts management, budgetary compliance, efficiency improvement programs, regulatory compliance programs, etc.
- This person must be able to communicate a clear vision and direction, and gain support from key stakeholders
- Implement and oversee the TPM strategy for the company
- Passionate and deeply committed to driving out waste and operational losses through deployment of world class maintenance and continuous improvement tools
- Provides technical guidance and expertise; assisting and coaching Maintenance, Operations, and QA on an ongoing basis
- Tracks and evaluates maintenance performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), generating reports through Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in alignment with Maintenance Excellence initiatives
- Identifies and implements operational and cost savings improvements routinely
- Sets and delivers R&M Budgets; manage parts inventory levels to optimal levels
- Assists in the preparation of site strategy development and annual capital plans
- Maintains compliance in HACCP, GMP and OSHA requirements. Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations are met at all times
- Builds a strong maintenance community through constant communication, recognition and coaching of technicians, and planning.
- Accountable for managing and performance of all site utilities including boilers, refrigeration systems, air compressors, water sourcing, electrical systems, HVAC and building maintenance per PSM, and related permitted and regulated requirements
- Develops and refines the PM/PPM program in a systematic and professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance management to ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by all departments
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, lead root cause analysis to solve problems and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- 3 years of experience in plant/ site maintenance.
- Proven track record of successful maintenance management and/or plant engineering, preferably in a food/beverage manufacturing environment
- Previous experience within food and beverage, high speed filling and aseptic process a plus
- Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- Experience in Procurement of vendors and parts related to operation of plant and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting of the following: hydraulics, pneumatics, heating ventilation, air conditioning, welding, machining and fabricating. Demonstrated proficiency with PLC programming, electrical troubleshooting, and ability to read ladder logic and electrical schematics
- Experience with a maintenance system is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in workplace safety and food safety systems
- Demonstrated project management, prioritization and problem-solving skills